UBMD Neurosurgery is dedicated to providing world-class neurosurgical care. We take a team approach to diagnosing and treating complex disorders of the central nervous system, so our patients benefit from the collaborative efforts of well-respected physicians and other medical professionals.
Our physicians see patients at offices throughout Western New York and receive requests to assist in treating patients from all over the world.
Every year we see thousands of patients and perform thousands of neurosurgical and endovascular procedures—an impressive case volume that reflects the extent of our services and our reputation as a comprehensive, compassionate health care provider.
Services We Provide
Our neuroendovascular team diagnoses and treats the vascular abnormalities and diseases of the brain and spinal cord that can lead to stroke, including:
- atherosclerotic occlusive disease
- arteriovenous malformations
- arteriovenous fistulas
We excel in minimally invasive endovascular treatments as well as more traditional open surgical approaches.
Our pediatric team is skilled in minimally invasive neurosurgical techniques that allow for the more precise and less traumatic removal of brain tumors and other brain lesions in children.
We also specialize in the following pediatric areas:
- endoscopic neurosurgery
- developmental spinal disorders
- surgical treatment of epilepsy
- comprehensive craniofacial treatment
- brain tumor treatment
- neurosurgical treatments for spasticity
- tertiary neurosurgical trauma management
Comprehensive movement disorders
Our highly specialized team—comprised of a neurosurgeon, a neurologist, nursing staff and social workers—treats movement disorders using the most current medical and surgical treatments and procedures.
We specialize in the evaluation and treatment of:
- Parkinson’s disease and Parkinsonian syndromes
- spasmodic torticollis and other focal or generalized dystonias
- hemifacial spasm
- medically refractory spasticity secondary to multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury or stroke
Spine/skull base disorders
Our spine/skull base disorders team uses traditional surgery and minimally invasive techniques to care for patients.
Specific conditions we treat include:
- herniated discs
- spine instability
- spinal deformities
- head trauma
- vascular lesions, infections and tumors of the skull base
Brain endoscopy and pituitary
Our endoscopy team specializes in:
- removal of pituitary and ventricular lesions
- biopsy and removal of pituitary and intraventricular tumors
- treatment of hydrocephalus in children and adults
Our minimally invasive approach often eliminates the need for traditional open craniotomies. We perform procedures through small cosmetic incisions, resulting in less postoperative pain and shorter hospital stays.
3980A Sheridan Drive
Amherst, NY 14226
Buffalo General Medical Center & Gates Vascular Institute
100 High Street
B Wing, 4th Floor
Buffalo, NY 14203
Orchard Park Office
200 Sterling Drive, Suite 300
Orchard Park, NY 14127
Oishei Children's Hospital of Buffalo
818 Ellicott Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
17 Sherman Street, Suite 2100
Jamestown, NY 14701
Olean Medical Group
535 Main Street
Olean, NY 14760
12 Center Street
Fredonia, NY 14063
Insource Urgent Care
35 Batavia City Centre
Batavia, NY 14020
To make an appointment at any of our satellite offices, call 716.218.1000.