Western Division Federal Credit Union
In January of 1937, the Niagara Hudson Western Division Employees Credit Union, was incorporated to serve the financial needs of the Niagara Hudson Power Corporation (Niagara Mohawk/National Grid) employees. These employees were interested in creating a place where they could save and borrow money safely, confidentially, and at a fair rate of interest. The credit union started with two employees housed in a one room office in the basement of the historical 'Electric Building' in Buffalo, NY.
Today, Western Division is one of the largest credit unions in Western New York having grown from serving exclusively National Grid employees and family members to now serving over 300+ different participating groups (employer groups, unions, churches, associations) within Western New York.