Home Instead Senior Care
Everything we do at Home Instead Senior Care® is driven by our universal mission: To enhance the lives of aging adults and their families.
When our founders Paul and Lori Hogan began providing care for Paul’s grandmother to help her remain at home, they envisioned a future where all people could age with greater hope and success. We strive to make that vision a reality with every life we are privileged to touch.
Changing the Face of Aging
The old face of aging was the fear of getting old.
The new face is hope and promise.
The old face of aging was loneliness and isolation.
The new face is companionship.
The old face of aging was institutionalization.
The new face is home.
As the Home Instead Senior Care network grew, we saw first-hand the old reality of aging. We set out to change that. Using Paul and Lori Hogan's original perspective that aging should be a time of hope and family, we focused our mission on enhancing the lives of aging adults and their families. We continue to do just that, every single day, around the world.
Giving Back and Inspiring ChangeWorking with seniors and their families humbles us. We can’t help but feel a sense of responsibility to give back. To truly live our mission, we give generously and serve graciously. Below are just a few of the ways we contribute to building better communities for seniors and inspiring new perspectives on aging. We encourage you to consider ways you might contribute to or benefit from these initiatives.
In 2003, Paul and Lori established the Home Instead Senior Care Foundation® with the mission to enhance the lives of aging adults and those who care for them. The signature program of the Foundation is GIVE65, the first and only crowd-fundraising platform exclusively devoted to raising funds and awareness for programs and services that give seniors hope.
Community Service Programs
- Hilarity for Charity in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association: Awards grants for Alzheimer’s in-home care services to families in need of respite care.
- Be a Santa to a Senior®: A community gift-donation program that spreads holiday cheer to lonely or financially challenged seniors.
Resources for Family Caregivers
- HelpforAlzheimersFamilies.com: Training and support for family caregivers, Confidence to Carebook resource, free app for dementia care tips, live online chats , care services information, and more.
- CaregiverStress.com®: articles, videos, and blogs on a variety of care topics to help you manage the challenges of caring for a senior loved one.
- Public Education Programs: topical articles, videos and free downloadable resources.
- Stages of Senior Care: A step-by-step guide to making senior care decisions, written by Paul and Lori Hogan.
- Strength for the Moment: an inspirational caregiver devotional written by Lori Hogan.
Thought Leadership and Advocacy
- World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on Aging
- Global Coalition on Aging
- Global CEO Initiative on Alzheimer’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease International Conference
- Milken Institute Global Conference
- G8 Dementia Summit